Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Olive Garden

Yesterday, me and my boyfriend went out on a date to Olive Garden. I was a little skeptical about how that would go because as I have learned just because there is a Gluten-Free menu, doesn't mean I will get fully Gluten-Free meals. So, to prepare, I called the day before and confirmed the menu at the location I was going to and asked if all of the staff was aware of the procedures and whatnot. The girl on the phone assured me I would have an excellent dining experience and that I would be taken care of.

When we arrived at the restaurant I asked my server for the menu (after she told me this was her first week working, sigh, I knew there had to be a catch). She gave me the menu and I ordered, telling her to write down that it needed to be Gluten-Free and to inform the chef.

To my surprise I had some delicious pasta, with no throwing up or stomach cramps later! This has been one of the very few times I have had a successful dining experience at a place that seems impossible to get one.

Planning is the key!


What are some friendly restaurants you have been to? Every Friday I'll make a compilation as a fun guide for your weekend out!

No comments:

Post a Comment