Sunday, September 5, 2010

College

So, last year I started college at Purdue University. Me and my mom were very enthusiastic and prepared for me to eat on my dorm-budgeted meal plan. We were ultimately surprised when I lost 10 pounds between the end of August and the middle of October because I was not eating! I tried and tried to eat at the dining courts, in an effort not to waste money, but again and again I got continuous trouble. I would walk in for lunch or dinner and get rolled eyes and sighs to my requests. I felt like I wasn't a real person and that my requests were so outlandish that no one could possibly accommodate me. I wanted to curl up and never eat out again. And to top it all off, I didn't have a car. I couldn't just run out and go to Target or organic store to get some of the food I was craving. I, one day, want to write a book for college freshman and just college students in general to help those who are going through what I did. Tell me some of your experiences about college or just at restaurants that you've been given these reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment